BASIC FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The researcher is responsible for the collection and analysis of required statistical facts and figures for the regular and special reports published in the BusinessWorld newspaper related publications. The Researcher’s functions include:
- Gathering timely and relevant data from sources and writing economic indicators.
- Covering official release government/non-government statistical data as well as conduct interviews with industry sources and analysts to ascertain development and trends.
- Working on quarterly banking reports and other industry reports, gathering of data, interviewing sources and writing articles.
- Updating relevant data for BusinessWorld Research databank.
- Supplying research requirements of the Editorial Department.
- Supplying research requirements of Data on Demand clients.
- All other tasks assigned by the Research Head.
- Serving as reliever for reporters in covering certain beats.
- Working on Top 1000 Corporations of the Philippines magazine
- Gather financial statements of top 1,500 corporations based on the SEC and BusinessWorld rankings for the previous year.
- Send letters and attached sheets to the companies
- Print/Photocopy financial statements
- Proofread all figures
- Conduct interviews and write articles
- Work on Corporate Profile
- Must possess a Bachelor’s/College Degree preferably in Economics, Finance or any related field.
- Has knowledge in data analysis, interpretation and presentation.
- Has writing experience in school or any publication (an advantage for fresh graduates)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate particularly on MS Word and Excel.
- Willing to work long hours including weekends and holidays
BusinessWorld is the Philippines' leading business newspaper that represents nearly five decades of professional economic journalism. Since 1967, BusinessWorld has been a reliable source of information for the country's business community and policy makers. Visit www.bworldonline.com for the latest news, special reports and in-depth analysis on Philippine economy, business and finance.